The Sound Devices MixPre-10T is a high-resolution audio recorder with flexible routing, integrated USB audio streaming, timecode-generating abilities, clocking, and more. It can be used by field recordists, sound designers, podcasters, videographers, and musicians in various audio environments.
The MixPre-10T features Sound Devices’ Kashmir ultra-low noise, discrete, and Class-A microphone preamps. Built with 32-bit A-to-D converters, this sound device ensures audio recordings surpass those of off-the-shelf, IC-based mic preamps. The unit can function as a USB audio interface and record audio to an SD card while simultaneously streaming multiple channels of audio via USB. Furthermore, the sunlight-readable color LCD of the MixPre-10 provides convenient navigation.
The MixPre-10T is constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis, is lightweight, and sports a robust build. Also, it is relatively compact, making it well suited for jobs where portability is a plus.
Boasting intuitive operation and advanced mixing capabilities such as ergonomic gain-control knobs, pan and soloing, timecode connections in multiple formats, BNC I/O for clocking, 1/4″-20 mounting capacity, 3.5mm headphone monitoring, balanced TA3 outputs, and the AA battery/Sony L-Mount lithium-ion battery powering options, the MixPre-10T is sure to meet all your audio-application needs.
- Solid Audio Quality
- Featuring eight handcrafted, high-performance, ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A Kashmir microphone preamps, the MixPre-10T has a -130 dBV noise floor, analog limiters, and 32-bit A-to-D converters. These features ensure quality audio recordings.
- Accurate Timecode Generator/Reader with Wordclock
- The MixPre-10T features a built-in, accurate timecode generator and reader. Even when turned off, or when all power is removed, the MixPre-10T continues to hold accurate timecode for hours, long enough for lunch breaks and other pauses in the daily schedule. With its BNC, Aux, and HDMI timecode connections, all common frame rates and timecode modes are supported, as is the ability to synchronize with/output wordclock, making it suitable for the digital audio environment.
- Flexible Powering
- The MixPre-10T sports multiple powering options, such as a locking 4-pin Hirose connector (10 to 18V) for external battery power, or AC power (with the optional AC adapter). Like the MixPre-3 & MixPre-6, the MixPre-10T can also be powered from AA batteries in a convenient detachable sled of eight cells, or via an optional sled that offers powering from up to two hot-swappable Sony L-Mount lithium-ion batteries.
- Flexible I/O Routing
- The MixPre-10T offers eight XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs, as well as a 3.5mm Aux/Mic input that can be used for 2-channel line input, camera return, or timecode. Also provided are two TA3 balanced outputs and a 3.5mm Stereo output, each with its own routing matrix; this further bolsters routing flexibility.
- Auto Copy
- With this feature, you can record files up to 192 kHz/24-bit to an SD card, while automatically copying to a USB thumb drive (USB Type-A) for handing off to a client (or as a backup copy).
- Mixing, Metering, and Monitoring
- The MixPre-10T incorporates a simple mixer that offers gain-control knobs and access to panning and soloing via a simple press of the knob. For metering, the unit provides easy-to-read ring LEDs with limiter activity, along with three LCD views for multitrack, mix, and USB-return metering. The MixPre-10T also includes a 3.5mm jack for headphone monitoring with user-programmable routing presets.
- Wireless Control and Workflow
- The MixPre-10T features integrated Bluetooth Smart for easy wireless connection, control, and metering via the free Sound Devices Wingman app (compatible with iOS and Android devices). It also allows you to manage and create sound reports, and, via Wingman, email those reports directly from a mobile device.
- USB Audio Interface
- The MixPre-10T doubles as a USB audio interface with 12 inputs and four outputs, communicating with computers at sample rates of up to 96 kHz. The unit also sports the ability to record to an SD card while simultaneously streaming audio via USB.