DN530 Creative Quad Gate
With the unrelenting absorption of signal processing into digital mixing consoles, outboard gear now has to contribute something extra special merely to justify its space in the rack. The new DN530 Creative Quad Gate does just that. It brings some exciting new tools to the audio party. The DN530 features “Transient Accenting”, a creative feature providing an easy way to enhance the attack envelope beyond merely opening the gate. This can provide up to 12dB of additional transient energy and its primary application is to provide additional impact on drums and percussion instruments, although it can be used to enhance the impact of many instruments, including acoustic stringed instruments such as guitar and piano.
Transient Accenting is unique in that it allows the operator precise control over the amount of enhancement applied to each channel of processing.
The DN530 brings a creative flare to drum channels with its unique accent feature which largely eliminates the need for excessive EQ or compression.
- Transient Accenting circuitry enhances gate attack envelope
- Accent control adds up to +12 dB boost to provide additional transient attack
- Intelligent Threshold Shift (iTS) gate hysteresis to avoid re-triggering by low frequency signals
- Ducking mode for sophisticated voiceover applications
- Solo bus allows monitoring of the side chain without affecting channel outputs
- Innovative multi-colour LED bargraph shows operation of noise gate throughout envelope cycle
- Side chain band-pass filter allows frequency-selective gating for both creative and corrective control
- External sidechain input on balanced 1/4″ TRS connector for each channel
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 1U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Designed and engineered in England